Tooth Straightening / Braces
The Private straightening / brace technique that we use here at Orchard House is the Inman Aligner method. (Only suitable for mild cases if anterior crowding).
When you come in for your examination the dentist can discuss with you what could possibly be done. If you then decide that you wish to go forward and find out more, we will book you a longer appointment where a detailed, tailor made quote will be given to you. Impressions of your teeth, photographs for references and references points are taken of your teeth and this is all then sent to a specialist lab where the braces are made. Once the braces are returned to us a second appointment is booked in with the dentist so that they can be fitted. Several appointments will be booked at this point for the continuing treatment.
What's involved in Treatment with the Inman Aligner?
- Impressions are needed so that the lab can fabricate your custom made Inman Aligner.
- Initial fitting of the Aligner.
- Wear the Aligner 16-20 hours a day
- Regular Inman checks every 2-3 weeks.
- As with other orthodontic treatment, after treatment is completed with the Inman Aligner, retention is recommended for life to prevent relapse. Retention can come in the form of a lingual bonded retainer or an Essix retainer.
- In order for this treatment to be successful you must be prepared to wear the appliance (brace) for the specified times.