Denplan - now Simply Health
Denplan is a capitation scheme (form of dental insurance)
payable monthly basis by direct debit.
Denplan covers you for all necessary treatment including fillings, gum treatments, root canal treatment, crowns/bridges and dentures (The Laboratory fees for crowns, bridges and dentures is NOT included within your Denplan fee).
Denplan also covers emergency appointments in the UK and on holiday, (see supplementary insurance details for this plan).
Dental emergency treatment applies to when you are more than 40 miles from your dental practice.
Denplan Fees 2019 - 2020
Denplan care gives you: >>
- Scaling, polishing and other hygiene treatments.
- Preventive dental advice and therapy.
- Dental x-rays.
- Necessary fillings.
- Necessary extractions.
- Periodontal (gum) treatment.
- Crowns, bridges, dentures, inlays/onlays (excluding laboratory bill.)
- Root canal treatment.
Denplan does not cover: >>
- Laboratory fees/prescriptions.
- Any treatment excluded by the dentist in your contract, which is payable by you to the dentist.
- Referral to specialists and specialist treatment.
- Treatment carried out other than by your registered dentist except when you need emergency dental treatment.
- Orthodontic, implants, cosmetic treatment.
- Sedation fees.
- Cosmetic Treatments
As part of Denplan you receive supplementary insurance which provides: >>
- Dental injury cover (up too £10,000 per injury.)
- Temporary emergency dental treatment in the UK (up to £400 per incident. Maximum amount payable £800 per calendar year.)
- Temporary emergency dental treatment when overseas ( up to £450 per incident. Maximum amount payable £900 per calendar year.)
- Up to £62 for each night you stay in a hospital under the care of a dental or maxillofacial surgeon for dental treatment for up to one year.
- Up to £12,000 toward one course of mouth cancer treatment for up to 18 months following diagnosis (smokers are included.)
Supplementary insurance does not cover: >>
- Emergency dental treatment provided by your own dentist or dentist/specialist acting on your dentist behalf.
- Dental injury caused while training for or participating in contact sports, unless appropriate mouth protection is worn.
- Mouth cancer diagnosed before denplan or within 90 days after the date you joined denplan (or for which tests or consultations began within those 90 days.)
- Mouth cancer situated in the tonsils.
Denplan insurance service provide: >>
- 24 hour worldwide dental emergency helpline.
- Arrangement of supplementary insurance cover.
- Assistance with any enquiries regarding your supplementary insurance.
Please remember treatment is at the discretion of your dentist. This is a summary of the benefits, exclusions and limitations. All claims are assessed for eligibility against the terms and conditions of the policy, available on request.